Saturday, October 4, 2008

Topic Entry # 4

Judgmental






"Be curious, not judgmental" - Walt Whitman


"How to Stop Being Judgmental" by Carol Taylor; http://www.ofspirit.com/caroletyler1.htm

The title of this article is pretty self-explanitory. The author goes into detail in different ways of trying not to be judgmental. She brings up random possible situations and trys to get the reader to think of themselves in that situation, but view the way they would react in a different way. She trys to get the reader to really process each situation instead of making fast judgments.

I like this article because I wish people would take the time to try to be less judgmental. I've heard that it takes a couple seconds after a person sees someone new to judge them and have their first impression. I've dealt with a lot of issues similar in my work, and I find it interesting to see why people make certain judgments and if they even realize if they're being judgmental at all.

No comments: