Saturday, April 25, 2009

Topic Entry #14

Color


“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.” - Georgia O'Keefe



"Light and Color in Photography" Photography.com, http://www.photography.com/articles/color-light/light-and-color-in-photography/

This article explains the use of color in photographs. It explains color as perceived by a viewer, as well as color changes at different times of day, as well as natural light vs. artificial light.

The use of color in my photographs has become more and more important over the past several months. At first, I didn't think the color scheme was as important; but the colors in my photographs have become a huge factor in the placement of my work both as pairing images for the diptychs, as well as placement on a wall for viewing. There's a bright contrast in the imagery with color; from bright, vibrant, bold colors as compared to more dulled down colors. I think the colors in the imagery help speak for the several different aspects to the lives of my subjects.

No comments: